- the acquisition of real property rights for City infrastructure, such as roadways, utility lines, drainage improvements, trails, and sidewalks;
- the acquisition of real property for parks and City facilities;
- the abandonment, vacation, and sale of City rights-of-way and easements;
- the sale of City property; and
- the use of City property by others, including the City’s license to encroach program.
Please refer to the tabs on the left side of this page for overviews of each of these processes, as well as the appropriate forms and links to our online application portal.
Currently, the Real Estate Services group is located within the City Attorney’s Office of the City of Georgetown and reports jointly to the City Attorney and the City Manager’s Office. If you have any questions about the City’s real estate policies or the activities listed above, please don’t hesitate to contact the group at the email address provided on right side of this page.
Please note that due to the current volume of real estate activity within the City of Georgetown and ongoing staffing shortages, the Real Estate Services group may be delayed in responding to your inquiry or application. We apologize for any difficulty this may cause, and we will reply to your email as soon as we are able.